Walking Tours of the Past and the Present. The theme of my neighborhood walking tours is to unite us with the past
through history, architecture, pictures & stories. We explore Manhattan's many neighborhoods through its
unique landmark skyscrapers, turn of the century mansions, brownstones, clubs,
public building & historic districts. Many of the buildings are New York City or national
landmarks with historic (Romanesque, Classical, Baroque, Queen Ann, Gothic,
Renaissance) or anti-historic (Art Nouveau, Art Deco, Modern, Post Modern)
styles of architecture. My specialized tours cross neighborhood
boundaries and focus on various other themes such as: gargoyles, Jewish history, Irish history, Italian history and outdoor art / sculpture.
Your guide, Alfred Pommer, is an author of four Manhattan guide books, college graduate, native New Yorker and a licensed New York City Guide, who has spent over 25 years researching, creating and giving walking tours in Manhattan's many diverse neighborhoods.
Private Walking Tours of Manhattan's Past & Present Given At Your Convenience
: 212 979 2388 to schedule a private walking tour or a private slide show
Landmarks -- Architecture -- History -- Interesting Pictures & Stories
My private walking tours are for small groups of from 1 to 8 persons
The charge is the same flat rate for a group or for an individual.
For a 2 hour tour $140. For a 21/2 hour tour $170. For a 3 hour tour $200.
I do not do larger groups but I can recommend a experienced guide that does large groups
Private Slideshows are available for individuals, groups and corporations by private arrangement.
- 1. The Rockefeller Center Public Art Tour murals, sculptures, reliefs, history, architecture, interesting pictures and stories -
slide show available<
- 2. The Gargoyles in Manhattan Walking Tour (Flatiron District, Gramercy Park Historic District)
2a. Gargoyles & Architecture in Manhattan's Flatiron District Tour (Flatiron District)
- 3.The Midtown Architectural Walking Tour (E. 49 St. - E. 57 St. - Park Ave. - 3 Ave. - 5 Ave.)
- 3a.The Short Midtown Architectural Walking Tour (E. 49 St. - E. 57 St. - Park Ave. - 3 Ave.)
- 3b Art on Display in Midtown (E. 49 St. - Park Ave. - 5 Ave. - E. 57 St.)
- 4. The Landmarks of 42nd Street Walking Tour
- 5a, Upper East Side Millionaires Mile Tour 1
(5 Ave. - Madison Ave. - 58 St. - E. 64 St. or E. 71 St.
5b, Upper East Side Millionaires Mile Tour 2 (5 Ave. - Madison Ave. - E.72 St. to E.79St. or E. 85 St.
5c. Upper East Side Carnegie Hill Historic District Tour (5 Ave. - Lexington Ave. - E. 86 St. - E. 97 St.)
- 6.The Little Italy / NoLIta Walking Tour (Houstin St., Canal St.- Worth St., Elizabeth St., Lafayette St.)
6a.The Little Italy / NoLIta & Part of Five Points Walking Tour (Houston St., Worth St., Elizabeth St., Lafayette St.)
- 7. Upper East Side Walking Tours 1 & 2 (Yorkville) (E. 58 St. - E. 87 St. - Park Ave. - York Ave.)
- 8.The Lower Central Park Walking Tour includes: history, outdoor art and surprises from the past.
- 9. The Roosevelt Island Walking Tour slide show available
- 10. The Upper West Side Walking
Tour (Broadway and RSD W. 70 St. - W. 96 St.)
- 11. A Walking Tour of the Theater District
- 12. The Tribeca Historic Districts Walking Tour
- 13. The Historic (Old) New York
City Walking Tour Part I & Part II (Fulton and Water St. and Battery Park)
- 14. The Central Park West Neighborhood Walk (W. 60 St. - W. 81 St. and CPW)
- 15. Vanderbilt Row & Other 19th Century Mansions Walking Tour (E. 58 St. - 50 St - 5 Ave. - Madison Ave.)
- 16. The Murray Hill Walking
Tour (27 St. - 40 St. - 5 Ave. - 2 Ave.)- slide show available
A armchair guide book: "Exploring Manhattan's Murray Hill" by Alfred Pommer and Joyce Pommer
17. The Turn of the Century Manhattan Walking Tour
("Ladies Mile" & "Gramercy Park" Historic Districts & Madison Sq.Park & the longer version includes Union Sq. Park & ends in Greenwich Village)
18.The Gramercy - Stuyvesant Parks Walk (2 - Landmark Historic Districts)
18a The Stuyvesant Park Historic District -Neighborhood Walking Tour(E. 14 St. - E. 18 St. - Ave. B - 3 Ave.) - slide show available
18b The Gramercy Park Historic District Walking Tour (E. 17 St. - E. 22 St. - Irving Place - 3 Ave. -Park Ave. So.)
19.The Chelsea Neighborhood / Historic District Walking Tour(W. 16 St. - W. 28 St. - 5 Ave. - 10 Ave.)
20. Landmarks of Greenwich Village Walking Tours 1, 2 & 3 =
1a). A Walking Tour of The West Village (5 hours).. (Horatio St. - St. Luke's Pl. - west of Ave. of Americas)
...b) The Original West Village Walking Tour (2½ or a 3½ hour version) ..(Horato St. - Christopher St. west of Greenwich Ave to West St.- slide show available
An armchair guide book: "Exploring the Original West Village" by Alfred Pommer and Eleanor Winters
...c)The Lower West Village Walking Tour (2 or 2½ hours)..(Christopher St. - St. Luke's Pl. west of Ave. of the Americas)
2) The Central Village / Washington Sq. Neighborhood Tours (two 2 hour walking tours)...(Washington Sq. Park - 14 St. & University Pl. & 6 Ave.)
3) The NoHo Historic District and East Village Walking Tour (2 hour or 3½ hour version)...(E. 13 St. & Houston - Broadway & 2 Ave.)
21. The Brooklyn Bridge Walking Tour (1½ hour tour includes the Fulton Ferry Historic District
and the 3 hour tour includes a subway ride under the East River, St. Paul's Chapel & Ground Zero.
22.The Van Dam, Charlton, King Historic District & Environs Walking Tour (King St, W. Houston, Broome St., Sullivan St., Greenwich St. )
23.The SoHo Cast Iron Historic District Walking Tour (Houston St., Canal St., Cosby St. West Broadway) slide show availableA new armchair guide book: "Exploring New York's SoHo" by Alfred Pommer and Eleanor Winters
Click Here to buy a copy from The History Press
Click Here to buy a signed copy from Alfred Pommer
24. Little Italy / NoLIta & Five Points Walking Tour (Houston St., Lafayette St., the Bowery, Chambers St.)
24a) The Five Points (Gangs of New York) Walking Tour (Canal St., Chambers St., Lafayette St., the Bowery)- slide show available
25. Lower East Side Irish Heritage Walking Tour (Bleecker St. - Fulton St. & Broadway - the Bowery - 5 Points)
26. Lower East Side Jewish Heritage Walking Tour #2 (E. Houston, Rutgers St., Canal St., to Henry St., East Broadway)
a)-----Lower East Side Jewish Rialto & Environs Tour (E. 13 St. to E. Houston St. & 2 Ave / Layafette St.)
b)-----The Lower East Side Jewish Heritage Walking Tour #1 (E. 13 St. to, Catherine St. between 2 Ave./ Allen St. & Henry St. / East Broadway)
27. The Italian Heritage Walking Tour (from Greenwich Village to the South Village to Little Italy)
. Scroll down further for a schedule of my Public Walking Tours 2015 on Sundays