Walking Tours of the Past and the Present. The theme of my neighborhood walking tours is to unite us with the past
through history, architecture, pictures & stories.
We explore Manhattan's many neighborhoods through its unique landmark skyscrapers, turn of the century mansions, brownstones, clubs,
public building & historic districts.
Many of the buildings are New York City or national landmarks with historic (Romanesque, Classical, Baroque, Queen Ann, Gothic,
or anti-historic (Art Nouveau, Art Deco, Modern, Post Modern)styles of architecture.
My specialized tours cross neighborhood
boundaries and focus on various other themes such as: gargoyles, Jewish history, Irish history, Italian history or outdoor art / sculpture.
Your guide, Alfred Pommer, is an author of four Manhattan guide books, college graduate, native New Yorker and a licensed New York City Guide,
who has spent over 25 years researching, creating and giving walking tours in Manhattan's many diverse neighborhoods.
Private Walking Tours of Manhattan's Past & Present Given At Your Convenience
Landmarks -- Architecture -- History -- Interesting Pictures & Stories
My private walking tours are for small groups of from 1 to 8 persons
The charge is the same flat rate for a group or for an individual.
For a 2 hour tour $140. For a 21/2 hour tour $170. For a 3 hour tour $200.
I do not do larger groups but I can recommend a experienced guide that does large groups
Private Slideshows are available for individuals, groups and corporations by private arrangement.
Call: 212 979 2388 to schedule a private walking tour or a private slide show
Click on a title for more information about that tour
19.The Gramercy - Stuyvesant Parks Walk (2 - Landmark Historic Districts)
aThe Stuyvesant Park Historic District -Neighborhood Walking Tour(E. 14 St. - E. 18 St. - Ave. B - 3 Ave.) - slide show available
- 1. Gargoyles in Manhattan Walking Tours:
b. Gargoyles / Architecture in Gramercy Park & Union Sq Historic Districts. Tour (E. 22 St. - E. 14 St. & Lexington Ave - 5th Ave.)
a. Gargoyles & Architecture in Manhattan's Flatiron District Tour (Flatiron District)
- 2.The Rockefeller Center Public Art Tour murals, sculptures, reliefs, history, architecture, interesting pictures & stories -
slide show available
- 3.The Midtown Architectural Walking Tour (E. 49 St. - E. 57 St. - Park Ave. - 3 Ave. - 5 Ave.)
a.The Short Midtown Architectural Walking Tour (E. 49 St. - E. 57 St. - Park Ave. - 3 Ave.)
b Art on Display in Midtown (E. 49 St. - Park Ave. - 5 Ave. - E. 57 St.)
- 4. The Landmarks of 42nd Street Walking Tour
- 5, Upper East Side Millionaires Mile Tour 1
(5 Ave. - Madison Ave. - 58 St. - E. 64 St. (2½ hours) or E. 71 St. (3 hours)
- 6, Upper East Side Millionaires Mile Tour 2 (5 Ave. - Madison Ave. - E.72 St. to E.79St. or E. 85 St.
- 7. Upper East Side Carnegie Hill Historic District Tour (5 Ave. - Lexington Ave. - E. 86 St. - E. 97 St.)
- 8.The Little Italy / NoLIta Walking Tour (Houstin St., Canal St.- Worth St., Elizabeth St., Lafayette St.)
a.The Little Italy / NoLIta & Part of Five Points Walking Tour (Houston St., Worth St., Elizabeth St., Lafayette St.)
b) The Five Points (Gangs of New York) Walking Tour (Canal St., Chambers St., Lafayette St., the Bowery)- slide show available
- 9. Upper East Side Walking Tours 1 & 2 (Yorkville) (E. 58 St. - E. 87 St. - Park Ave. - York Ave.)
- 10.The Lower Central Park Walking Tour includes: history, outdoor art and surprises from the past.
- 11. The Roosevelt Island Walking Tour slide show available
- 12. The Upper West Side Walking
Tour (Broadway and RSD W. 70 St. - W. 96 St.)
- 13. A Walking Tour of the Theater District
- 14. The Tribeca Historic Districts Walking Tour
- 15. The Historic (Old) New York
City Walking Tour Part I & Part II (Fulton and Water St. and Battery Park)
- 16. The Central Park West Neighborhood Walk (W. 60 St. - W. 81 St. and CPW)
- 17. Vanderbilt Row & Other 19th Century Mansions Walking Tour (E. 58 St. - 50 St - 5 Ave. - Madison Ave.)
- 18.The Murray Hill Walking Tour (27 St. - 40 St. - 5 Ave. - 2 Ave.)- slide show available
A armchair guide book: "Exploring Manhattan's Murray Hill" by Alfred Pommer and Joyce Pommer
b The Gramercy Park Historic District Walking Tour (E. 17 St. - E. 22 St. - Irving Place - 3 Ave. -Park Ave. So.)
20.The Chelsea Neighborhood / Historic District Walking Tour(W. 20 St. - W. 24 St. - 6 Ave. - 10 Ave.)
21. Landmarks of Greenwich Village Walking Tours 1, 2 & 3 =
.1. A Walking Tour of The West Village (5 hours).. (Horatio St. - St. Luke's Pl. - west of Ave. of Americas)
.1a. The Original West Village Walking Tour (2 hour / 2½ hour or a 3½ hour version) . slide show available
An armchair guide book: "Exploring the Original West Village" by Alfred Pommer and Eleanor Winters
.1b.The Lower West Village Walking Tour (2 or 2½ hours)..(Christopher St. - St. Luke's Pl. west of Ave. of the Americas)
2) The Central Village / Washington Sq. Neighborhood Tours (two 2 hour walking tour)...(Washington Sq. Park - 14 St. & University Pl. & 6 Ave.)
3) The NoHo Historic District and East Village Walking Tour (2 hour or 3½ hour version)...(E. 13 St. & Houston - Broadway & 2 Ave.)
22.The Van Dam, Charlton, King Historic District & Environs Walking Tour (King St, W. Houston, Broome St., Sullivan St., Greenwich St. )
23.The SoHo Cast Iron Historic District Walking Tour (Houston St., Canal St., Cosby St. West Broadway) slide show availableA new armchair guide book: "Exploring New York's SoHo" by Alfred Pommer and Eleanor Winters -
Buy a signed copy from Alfred Pommer
24. Lower East Side Irish Heritage Walking Tour (Bleecker St. - Fulton St. & Broadway - the Bowery - 5 Points)
25. Lower East Side Jewish Heritage Walking Tour #2 (E. Houston, Rutgers St., Canal St., to Henry St., East Broadway)
a)-----Lower East Side Jewish Rialto & Environs Tour (E. 13 St. to E. Houston St. & 2 Ave / Layafette St.)
b)-----The Lower East Side Jewish Heritage Walking Tour #1 (E. 13 St. to, Catherine St. between 2 Ave./ Allen St. & Henry St. / East Broadway)
26. The Italian Heritage Walking Tour (from Greenwich Village to the South Village to Little Italy)
Art and Susan Zuckerman, Z Travel and Leisure Click here
cheap car hire New York
Compare car hire suppliers in seconds and find the best deal for car hire in New York
York City Tourism - A Quick Overview